How to Care for and Maintain your Compressor
Posted by Steve Pollock on October 21, 2016 . 0 Comments
Hi there again
Hope all is well….
This week we thought we'd offer some advice on how to look after air compressors - to help you get more life out of yours.
For the sake of a few checks you can avoid break downs or inefficient usage!
Before you check your compressor, make sure to disconnect the compressor for the power source!! During every day use, ensure you follow the 3 steps as follows:
- Always keep an eye on the oil level (some compressors have dip sticks to check this)
- Be sure you are using the correct type of oil
- Drain the tank regularly to avoid water build up
Here are a few straightforward steps on how to look after a compressor, so it can look after you 😁
- Make sure you use the correct type of oil lubricant
- Un-do the drain valve to release air and moisture - try to do this outside or with something underneath to catch any water as it can be rusty.
- Clean the air filters with an air blow gun. If the compressor in in an environment where the air is dirty, this may need cleaning more often.
- Regulate the air output pressure - check the manual for your tool to find the recommended PSI/ Bar
Mmmm where the ‘some have dip sticks’ point (as above) is concerned, you can only imagine the stick (forgive the pun!) I got here! 😩
If you have any more questions, you can always call us on 0333 8000 345, or submit a question on our contact form here.
Wishing you well, until the next time..and remember avoid maintenance costs, or even worse a break down, by maintaining your compressor 💰
Best of luck, Chuck